Please read.

Genral chat on UK & Spain here.

Moderator: AdminII

Please read.

Postby Jefe McForum » 14 Sep 2015, 16:26

Right. Jim & I have had a chat and unfortunately we are going to have to run the ship a little tighter. From now on really bad language won't be tolerated and we reserve the right to edit posts or delete them completely. I do occasionally lob in a deliberate mis-spelling but from now on that won't be tolerated. One or two on here seem to think that by rearranging the order of the letters will get around the forum swear filters. Mild sweary words are fine, but those effing and blinding will need to stop - you know who you are.

It wont be tolerated any more, nor will posts which are designed solely to inflame posters.

Anyone (again, you know who you are) trying to deliberately provoke posters with crass comments will be warned and their post deleted. Multiple offenders will get deleted themselves.

It is difficult to take each others political and footballs views into account, but it will happen - or face the consequences. Trying to run this whilst working a 60 hour week is not easy, and frankly I'm fed up with it.

:thanks:
MyCostaForums, the best Torrevieja forum!
Jefe McForum
Site Admin

Re: Please read.

Postby jjh back2u » 14 Sep 2015, 16:45

Well said :thanks: things were getting out hand of late
Last edited by jjh back2u on 14 Sep 2015, 16:51, edited 1 time in total.
jjh back2u

Postby barnsleylass » 14 Sep 2015, 16:50

We are all entintled to opinions thats what life is all about but I sure we are also adult enough to tolerate other peoples opinions if we all liked and agreed with the same thing we would all be married to the same man arrrggggghhhhhh perish the thought !!! post nicley no need to fall out :clip:
Mycostaforums, THE BEST TORREVIEJA FORUM
barnsleylass

Postby jak2095 » 14 Sep 2015, 17:27

I really think that a mountain has been made out of a mole hill here.
I haven't seen any terrible language. There's been a bit of heated argument because people do not share the same views. I see Donks, Paulja1 and KoK as valuable contributors to a lively forum. I don't agree in total with any of them but I see some right in what they all say.
You will be making a big mistake if you over moderate this forum. Mr G, on the Darkside tried it, done great damage and has now backed off with his stupidity.
Also, not to forget, one of you moderators has done much to inflame a situation that you are now complaining about.
A BIG MISTAKE !!!!
My advise to you mods, is leave well enough alone. There's nothing wrong with free speech.
There's nothing so bad on this forum that needs you two jumping up and down like a pair of netball players, you are overreacting.
Onward and upward.
Easy, Easy, oh so Easy.
jak2095

Postby davedee » 14 Sep 2015, 17:55

barnsleylass wrote:We are all entintled to opinions thats what life is all about but I sure we are also adult enough to tolerate other peoples opinions if we all liked and agreed with the same thing we would all be married to the same man arrrggggghhhhhh perish the thought !!! post nicley no need to fall out :clip:

The poor man would be knackered!
davedee

Postby Donkey OT » 16 Sep 2015, 10:30

If this plan is applied even handedly then fair enough.
If moderators are going to not let their own prejudices get in the way of fairness.
My thoughts are though that if a moderator was capable of doing that then they would have been doing it already and this has not been the case.
Moderators should be neutral.
Moderators should not be deliberately setting out to inflame a situation because they have decided that they prefer one persons opinions over another's.Or worse still decide that they don't like someone they have never met.
That is more like Fascism than fairness.
Donkey OT

Postby crummy » 16 Sep 2015, 12:05

Personally I think the Mods are doing a good job. :thanks:

Being allowed on here is not a human right..

These Mods do this for next to nothing... they give their time and effort and try to keep the forum moving. It must be a thankless task trying to keep everyone happy.

It is best that we do not abuse the privilege of being on what is a really good forum...

crummy

Postby jjh back2u » 16 Sep 2015, 13:15

Hear hear I know the feeling what the mods go through :thanks:
jjh back2u

Postby Rockerbilly » 16 Sep 2015, 13:46

Thanks Crummy and JJH :thanks:
Mycostaforums, The Best Torrevieja Forum
Rockerbilly
Mod

Postby jak2095 » 16 Sep 2015, 19:22

The mods have had very little moderation to do on this forum.
Only two people have been ejected from the forum. Outside of that they have probably, in my time, locked no more than a half dozen threads, most of which were aimed at the expelled pair.
Rocker made a mistake and decided to run with the hare while hunting with the hounds, fatal for a moderator, who should never favour one poster over another.
Unfortunately this has caused some turmoil, nothing that couldn't be solved with a couple of PM's.
There has been no reason for heavy handed moderation in the past, that has been the forum's strength.
Why change?
Easy, Easy, oh so Easy.
jak2095

Postby Donkey OT » 16 Sep 2015, 21:40

Could easily have been sorted by a PM.
If I had been in the wrong it is what I would have done.

Trust has now been lost.

Being insulted by people who don't know me really doesn't hurt very much.
It is just bad manners.

I can't ever remember being insulted by people who know me.
I have a good memory as well. :D

Strange that! :shades:
Donkey OT

Return to General Chat - UK & Costa!