Posting Principles.

Genral chat on UK & Spain here.

Moderator: AdminII

Re: Introduce yourself to the community!

Postby MoiraC » 31 Jan 2013, 00:49

I thought our passports said "British" but thought maybe he had a "Special" one
MoiraC

Postby Rockerbilly » 31 Jan 2013, 00:49

Jefe McForum wrote:Don't set him off again H......

Asif Jefe Asif
Mycostaforums, The Best Torrevieja Forum
Rockerbilly
Mod

Postby monte » 31 Jan 2013, 09:18

Macanna wrote:Hi Brian, good to see you on here! Are you coming to lunch on the 15th? I would love to catch up.

I should be there, it has been nearly a year since we last met up. I will look forward to it.
monte

Postby monte » 31 Jan 2013, 09:24

DavidC wrote:Hola:

I am David Corfield currently living (surviving) in Scotland, I am English and have lived in England, Northern Ireland, South Africa and Scotland and through business have travelled quite a lot. I am married to MoiraC and have been for 43 yrs. We are now both retired, well Moira almost is! Our house goes on the market in February and we intend to move to Los Montesinos as soon as the house sells. we can't wait!
Just found out about this site through Keith and Tasha and look forward to contributing in the future and hopefully meeting some of you when we move to Espana.
Regards DavidC.

Hope the sale is going well, next door is still on the market I keep making a lot of noise when prospective owners are being shown round so that it puts them off. :D
monte

Postby MoiraC » 31 Jan 2013, 14:00

Thanks Brian appreciate your help. Keep the noise up.
MoiraC

Postby MaryD » 13 Feb 2013, 03:57

Hello. MaryD here. I recognise a few people/names on here so I feel I'm among friends. We have a home in the North-East and also on Benimar3.
I've become a bit of a one man disaster area!! We came back to UK at the end of October for six weeks and I'm still here. Just before our intended return, I slipped a disc, lost the feeling in my right leg and had to have surgery. I made a brilliant recovery, was allowed to make the drive back a fortnight ago, with hubby and our two dogs, when disaster number two happened!
We drove down to Ipswich en route to stay overnight with my brother, let the dogs out for a run on the park when.......wait for it......the bigger of the two came hurtling towards me at great speed, couldn't stop, crashed into my knee, knocked me flying and broke my leg.
So I'm still here at my brothers with a full leg plaster for a few weeks while hubby's back in Benimar with the dogs.
Thankfully I've got my iPad here and once I found this forum, I've been having a good look at what's going on. I even saw a mention of a certain little favourite dog called Dylan.
So if any of you see a lonely looking chap with two strong white dogs (taking him for a walk!!) please stop and pass the time of day with him and hopefully in the not too distant future, I'll be hopping along behind them :D
MaryD

Postby monte » 13 Feb 2013, 09:15

Hope you have a fast recovery and are able to get back here in time to swealter in the summer sun!
monte

Postby Jefe McForum » 13 Feb 2013, 14:32

Welcome indeed Mary! Hope you make a quick recovery. The weather down here is great now the wind is dying off....
MyCostaForums, the best Torrevieja forum!
Jefe McForum
Site Admin

Postby Babs486 » 13 Feb 2013, 17:53

Hi everyone, my name is Babs lived here in Spain since 1992 Unlike other members I would dearly love to go back home. Not because I love Uk! Yes you have proably guessed Imiss my family so much. Take today, our lovely grandaughter who has just been unconditionally been accepted into uni of her choice. Yes that makes us very proud! But i'd love to be there to hug her. She is coming here in June with her friends, they are staying a week. But she is staying until the end of August with the rest of the family. Now that's when I'm at my happiest.
What do I do when they aren't here? Well I fill my time making cards. A member of San fulgencio computer club, & go walking, love to read & drive (home:) Well that's me nice to meet you all.
Babs486

Postby Macanna » 13 Feb 2013, 18:01

Do you fancy joining us at the chinese on friday? would be great to meet you
www.torrevieja-property-management.com AND all your translation needs
Macanna

Postby georgyjoy » 13 Feb 2013, 22:52

Babs486 wrote:Hi everyone, my name is Babs lived here in Spain since 1992 Unlike other members I would dearly love to go back home. Not because I love Uk! Yes you have proably guessed Imiss my family so much. Take today, our lovely grandaughter who has just been unconditionally been accepted into uni of her choice. Yes that makes us very proud! But i'd love to be there to hug her. She is coming here in June with her friends, they are staying a week. But she is staying until the end of August with the rest and we would have to respect it

of the family. Now that's when I'm at my happiest.
What do I do when they aren't here? Well I fill my time making cards. A member of San fulgencio computer club, & go walking, love to read & drive (home:) Well that's me nice to meet you all.

Welcome Babs great fun on here and so great you have joined us . I agree it is hard with the grandchildren in England and we are so far away . I remember my Mums words to me just before we moved over here . she told me to follow my dream ... If I had stayed in England the girls and Grandchildren could have moved far away and would not have had a second thought about us ...it would have been their choice and we would have to respect it . The only thing I wish I had a lot more money so I could fly over to see them more often xxx one day ha ha xxx
georgyjoy

Postby georgyjoy » 13 Feb 2013, 22:56

Macanna wrote:Do you fancy joining us at the chinese on friday? would be great to meet you

yes please join us ... It is great food and great company and it is great to meet other forum members xxx
Hope to meet you on Friday xxx Lesley xxx
georgyjoy

Postby Rockerbilly » 13 Feb 2013, 23:32

I concur with Georgyjoy, do come and join us Babs :-)))
Rockerbilly
Mod

Postby Jefe McForum » 14 Feb 2013, 00:02

You would - she married you!
MyCostaForums, the best Torrevieja forum!
Jefe McForum
Site Admin

Re: Posting Principles.

Postby Bullitt » 30 Jul 2013, 23:27

Jefe McForum wrote:Bugger. I forgot about that.

Language Jefe :shades:
I Think Mycostaforums Is The Best Torrevieja Forum
Bullitt

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat - UK & Costa!