Posting Principles.

Genral chat on UK & Spain here.

Moderator: AdminII

Re: Introduce yourself to the community!

Postby crummy » 06 Dec 2012, 11:02

ICUBaby... wrote:Hi everyone

:thanks: to larubia and Jefe for recommending this site. Lots of old friends on here, from what I have seen this looks a great forum where we can all help each other. Any update on the get together?

welcome Babe.... hope you enjoy yourself... please don't be shy in posting.......

:handshake:
crummy

Postby Harley Benton » 06 Dec 2012, 14:25

1stsealord wrote:
Harley Benton wrote:Welcome aboard ! :D

The next get together is being organised by El jefe , with a bit of assistance from rockerbilly :wink: .. :shades: :lol:

Who organised the last one, or was doing. :roll: :shades:

Nobody organised the last one ( as far as i know) .
El Jefe said La Siesta Chino ....and that was that ! :D
Duncan´s Gentlemens Barber, La Siesta (now retired) . Tel :699 014 306
Harley Benton

Postby Maggi Sew Good » 28 Dec 2012, 19:23

hi everyone, my name is Maggi, I have lived in Torrevieja for 2.5 years and LOVE IT. I am not of pensionable age yet so unfortunately I have to earn a living to pay my way. In order to do this I have my fingers in a couple of pies, my first 'pie' is Karaoke (sorry Duncan) I LOVE IT and present a vibrant, lively and fun event under the name of Maggi Melody, I love singing ... which helps! My second 'pie' is Sewing, I run a Repairs & Alterations sewing business called Sew Good, I am kept reasonably busy and have many repeat customers but there is always room for more so get in touch if you have anything that needs my expertise my number is 678 799 008. :thanks
For Sewing Repairs & Alterations OR Karaoke call Maggi 678 799 008
Maggi Sew Good

Postby DavidC » 14 Jan 2013, 21:15

Hola:

I am David Corfield currently living (surviving) in Scotland, I am English and have lived in England, Northern Ireland, South Africa and Scotland and through business have travelled quite a lot. I am married to MoiraC and have been for 43 yrs. We are now both retired, well Moira almost is! Our house goes on the market in February and we intend to move to Los Montesinos as soon as the house sells. we can't wait!
Just found out about this site through Keith and Tasha and look forward to contributing in the future and hopefully meeting some of you when we move to Espana.
Regards DavidC.
DavidC

Postby Jefe McForum » 14 Jan 2013, 21:43

Welcome David & Moira! Feel free to ask anything you want - we're a friendly bunch, mostly. Next time you're over, let us know & we'll see if we have a get together planned.

You will get a lot of good advice on here about every aspect of living in Spain.
MyCostaForums, the best Torrevieja forum!
Jefe McForum
Site Admin

Postby monte » 29 Jan 2013, 09:30

Hi all, I'm back. I haven't used the forum for a long time but it looks as if it has improved in leaps and bounds.
I'm Brian and I live in Montesinos, been there 9 months and love the place. Before I lived in the north of Spain for nearly 30 years. I think I personally know some of the people here and hopefully I'll get to know more.
monte

Postby Jefe McForum » 29 Jan 2013, 09:36

monte wrote:Hi all, I'm back. I haven't used the forum for a long time but it looks as if it has improved in leaps and bounds.
I'm Brian and I live in Montesinos, been there 9 months and love the place. Before I lived in the north of Spain for nearly 30 years. I think I personally know some of the people here and hopefully I'll get to know more.

Where did you live in the North Brian? My outlaws are from a small village near Vigo in Galicia.

Welcome back - I hope you enjoy it here.
Jefe McForum
Site Admin

Postby monte » 29 Jan 2013, 15:00

Plentzia, in the Basque country, far away.
Thanks for the welcome
monte

Postby Rockerbilly » 30 Jan 2013, 10:53

DavidC wrote:Hola:

I am David Corfield currently living (surviving) in Scotland, I am English and have lived in England, Northern Ireland, South Africa and Scotland and through business have travelled quite a lot. I am married to MoiraC and have been for 43 yrs. We are now both retired, well Moira almost is! Our house goes on the market in February and we intend to move to Los Montesinos as soon as the house sells. we can't wait!
Just found out about this site through Keith and Tasha and look forward to contributing in the future and hopefully meeting some of you when we move to Espana.
Regards DavidC.

I see the Scottish contingent ain't red that statement yet, be prepared for incoming David :wink:
Mycostaforums, The Best Torrevieja Forum
Rockerbilly
Mod

Postby Macanna » 30 Jan 2013, 10:55

Hi Brian, good to see you on here! Are you coming to lunch on the 15th? I would love to catch up.
www.torrevieja-property-management.com AND all your translation needs
Macanna

Postby MoiraC » 30 Jan 2013, 12:58

Who changed David's quote to show "I am English and have lived in England" to large letters and red. I can assure you all he did not write it that way.
Moira C
MoiraC

Postby Jefe McForum » 30 Jan 2013, 14:43

David's post has not been edited, merely that Rockerbilly has chosen to highlight a certain section when quoting him. His "jokes" usually contain winky smilies - you'll get used to him!
Jefe McForum
Site Admin

Postby Rockerbilly » 30 Jan 2013, 14:45

MoiraC wrote:Who changed David's quote to show "I am English and have lived in England" to large letters and red. I can assure you all he did not write it that way.
Moira C

It was done as a bit of fun Moira, when I have said I was English Harley said not possible, just look at what the passport says. :wink: :-)))
Mycostaforums, The Best Torrevieja Forum
Rockerbilly
Mod

Postby MoiraC » 30 Jan 2013, 19:29

rockerbilly wrote:
MoiraC wrote:Who changed David's quote to show "I am English and have lived in England" to large letters and red. I can assure you all he did not write it that way.
Moira C

It was done as a bit of fun Moira, when I have said I was English Harley said not possible, just look at what the passport says. :wink: :-)))

No offence taken. It just surprised me.
MoiraC

Postby Harley Benton » 30 Jan 2013, 23:14

Any passport i have had (or seen) usually says .."British" ! Which means (for the benefit of Tocker) that we are either ---
British / Welsh ...British / Scottish ...or British / Northern Irish .

That´s good enough for me ......Unless some on here know more than the Passport authorities do ? :wink: :D
Duncan´s Gentlemens Barber, La Siesta (now retired) . Tel :699 014 306
Harley Benton

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat - UK & Costa!