Posting Principles.

Genral chat on UK & Spain here.

Moderator: AdminII

Introduce yourself to the community & Posting Principles.

Postby Admin » 12 Apr 2011, 13:00

If you're new here, take two minutes to tell us a little about yourself..... where you live, what you do, what you'd like to do etc.
Thanks,

The Admin Team.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Introduce yourself to the community!

Postby Harley Benton » 12 May 2011, 16:38

Hi All ! :)
Just signed up for this forum .

My name is Harley Benton. I live in Torrevieja after having moved to Spain almost 11 years ago.
I love living in this wonderful country and enjoy the relaxed way of life .
These days , i only go back to the u.k. once a year and usually just for a long weekend .

After 3 or 4 days there ... I am always delighted to board the plane back to Alicante ! :D

Music is my passion .(especially Live Music ....definately ..not Karaoke!).

I used to play Drums in a rock band :boomtish: many years ago.
I Haven´t played drums now for almost 30 years. I also had a spell playing Tenor Saxaphone some years back.

These days , i play Bass Guitar , Keyboard and sing a bit .
Duncan´s Gentlemens Barber, La Siesta (now retired) . Tel :699 014 306
Harley Benton

Postby Friendly » 12 May 2011, 16:47

Welcome Harley. I too recently joined and like the layout of the forum and some of the features. I have been here 5 years and hate going back. In fact I haven't been back for 4 years now I think!
Friendly

Postby Harley Benton » 12 May 2011, 21:52

Not much to go back for Friendly ! :wink:
Harley Benton

Postby El Gordo » 12 May 2011, 22:13

I'll second that. My home town (allegedly) now resembles an Easten Bloc ghetto, but at least that will provide customers for the soon to open Matalan.
El Gordo

Postby Harley Benton » 13 May 2011, 21:30

Yes El Gordo ....I don´t often miss the u.k., but if i did ...I would remind myself the very reasons for moving here 11 years ago .
And as you rightly point out ..It has to be a lot worse there now , than it was back then.
Harley Benton

Postby Rockerbilly » 13 May 2011, 22:34

Hi Ya all, should have done this sooner :oops: anyway me and the OH live in the countryside have been here for 9yrs ish would not go back to the UK only been back once and could not wait to get back here, enjoy going out now and then for good food and wine, meeting up with friends, a bit of touring now and then, some gardening, most days get up and do whatever, don't like making plans just what we feel like makes life easier, Must say this is a well thought forum good luck to the owner
Mycostaforums, The Best Torrevieja Forum
Rockerbilly
Mod

Postby Geordiboy » 15 May 2011, 02:30

Hi everyone . I´m an old fart of 72.Wife is a child bride,well she is 65 today (15th) actually. Not been home too long as we have been out for a birthday meal down in Los Alcazeres with some in-laws and our oldest son/wife and our youngest grandaughter ,Tia. We are now in our 8th year in Spain and would have loved to have been here earlier,if we could have afforded it.We have another 6 grandchildren in the UK scattered between Norwich, Bradford and Morecambe.Only been back to Blighty twice and that was only because of two daughters´weddings.All the family come out to visit at various times and as others have said, have no desire too ever return to the UK. We live in Santa Pola ,in a totally Spanish area and our neighbours are great.Many of them are market traders and some work for the council.We have been going to the beach most days since the end of March and will continue that untill well into October.I know it´s tough but someone has to do it.We don´t do much really. When I retired I thought that I would join a bowls club /petanca or something similar.I then had second thoughts as I didn´t really want to be tied to the clock for example,turn up at 9.00am for practice etc. We don´t do a lot really but that´s how we like it. My wife was a PA for 15 years to a guy who owns the biggest independent fire/security business in the UK .He and his missus have a place on Roda Golf so we visit there frequently. One of the wifes´sisters and hubby spend most of the year in Los Nerejos.We have a niece who lives in Quesada so we dodge about a bit.Surprisingly, considering we don´t do much really the time here seems to fly.I was a white van man for the last 20 years of working life and 13 years in the taxi game in Morecambe/ Lancaster.
Geordiboy

Postby Admin » 15 May 2011, 10:47

Where did you eat in Los Alcazares, Geordie? I absolutely love El Patio! Their 'Steak on the Stone' is superb.... :respect:
Thanks,

The Admin Team.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Geordiboy » 15 May 2011, 15:23

Admin wrote:Where did you eat in Los Alcazares, Geordie? I absolutely love El Patio! Their 'Steak on the Stone' is superb.... :respect:

We actually just went to the Mediterraneo Chinese as my grandaughter loves the peking duck. We have been to El Patio a few times (mostly with the wifes ex boss who treats us a lot.). We also like El Diva, and have been to Campbells a couple of times just up from Roda Golf.Must say I think if given the choice I would go to El Patio,everytime.Don
Geordiboy

Postby cronrad » 26 May 2011, 17:43

I am a retired chauffeur and `er indoors worked for 21 years as a cashier in John Lewis Oxford street ,I spent my early years in the Army for 9 years and the last three had my own show called laughs Galore at one time I was doing a mind reading act with Paul Daniels in Hong Kong and he was my feed for my comic act and we still keep in touch ,I shall be 80 in July and we live in La Zenia
cronrad

Postby Harley Benton » 26 May 2011, 18:14

Excellent cronrad ! :)
I think you will enjoy this new forum . :handshake:
Good to have you with us ! :wink:
Harley Benton

Postby Admin » 26 May 2011, 18:51

Yup, good to see you. :handshake:
Thanks,

The Admin Team.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Blue nose » 26 May 2011, 23:03

Hola,
I have been here a couple of years and would not go back to Blighty for all the ham in Spain, except to watch my team win the FA cup final. :lol:
Nearly forgot and the semi final. :Fishing:
I live in Quesada and am really impressed with some of the features on this site, lets hope as more people join it will become a success.
Blue nose

Postby Harley Benton » 27 May 2011, 15:51

Yes !

I am doing my best to "spread the word"....I am sure it will go from strength to strength as membership increases. :wink: :D
Harley Benton

Next

Return to General Chat - UK & Costa!