Posting Principles.

Genral chat on UK & Spain here.

Moderator: AdminII

Re: Posting Principles.

Postby Beachbabe » 31 Jul 2013, 09:07

Where's a moderator when you need one? :stir: :stir: I expect three of them will come along together now! :camp:
You've got to live life to the full every day!!
Beachbabe

Postby Jefe McForum » 31 Jul 2013, 09:08

Beachbabe wrote:Where's a moderator when you need one? :stir: :stir: I expect three of them will come along together now! :camp:

Three? THREE? we don;t even have three! :lol:
MyCostaForums, the best Torrevieja forum!
Jefe McForum
Site Admin

Postby Bullitt » 31 Jul 2013, 15:03

Beachbabe wrote:Where's a moderator when you need one? :stir: :stir: I expect three of them will come along together now! :camp:

Nice one BB :-))) :-))) :-)))
I Think Mycostaforums Is The Best Torrevieja Forum
Bullitt

Postby bloglover » 31 Jul 2013, 21:33

Bullitt wrote:
Jefe McForum wrote:Bugger. I forgot about that.

Language Jefe :shades:

Has anyone realised Jefe wrote that around 14 months ago on 29th May 2012 :shock: :roll: :shock:

*Poking*
bloglover

Re: Introduce yourself to the community!

Postby hugh jorgan » 18 Oct 2013, 21:19

Hi everybody, I have just joined you all, I found out about you from a friend on the other main forum, I have been looking in for the last week or so and have come to the conclusion that this is a very good and friendly forum, I like all the different links, he smilies,the fact you can post youtube clips etc etc. I look forward to conversing with you. :thanks:
hugh jorgan

Postby Jefe McForum » 19 Oct 2013, 00:21

Welcome Hugh, enjoy the smilies!
Jefe McForum
Site Admin

Postby peterson68 » 09 Jan 2014, 11:35

Hi there.

My name is Mark. I moved here, with my father at the beginning of November 2012. It is my second attempt at living here in Spain. And hope to be able to stay here this time. I live with my father in Almoradi and, after studying to become a carer, have been hoping to get a job here, looking after the elderly in their own homes. I attended an interview for a company, last May and then had a meeting with them last November, but so far, nothing has come of it. I am now looking at working in other fields. I'm trying to set up my own business now as a handyman. Providing different services, such as garden tidying, house cleaning, window cleaning etc. Or even caring itself, in the home, (but on a small scale) providing a service for normal everyday chores, that a client can not do anymore, because of lack of time or are physically unable to do them anymore. Basically, a helping hand, to make life easier for any potential client that needs it.

Life in Spain, is most certainly wonderful. Its just getting that income to enable me to stay here. I'm listening to the weather in England itself and the idea of going back there, makes me shiver. Brrr!! The cost of living is so much higher over there, especially with heating bills, council tax etc. Life is so much better here and is so much easier. If only I could get the hang of the language barrier though! It would be wonderful to engage in a conversation with the Spanish. It certainly takes time and a lot of effort. As well as studying the language, I'm trying to use certain things, like Spanish news papers, or the media, in order to practice it. But only text for now. Listening to a Spaniard is difficult. But with time, I know I'll get there. I hope to be able to reach, at least conversational level withing the next few years. But I believe, from what Ive been told, that it can take a lot longer.

When I get on my feet with a regular income, both myself and my father hope to move from the apartment, to a small 2 bedroom house. Maybe in the Quesada area. Hopefully in the spring. It is too dark here in this apartment. So if anyone hears of a property going, let me know.

Regards to all on the forum.
peterson68

Postby Selhurst » 09 Jan 2014, 12:20

Welcome to the forum Mark.
As you have discovered, finding work is not easy and your options will be more limited if you do not speak Spanish.
But it's a New Year, so let's be optimistic. If you can find something to help with the finances, the lifestyle is very attractive. And you don't need the same income as you would in the UK.
Good luck and all the best.
Mycostaforums, The Best Torrevieja Forum
Selhurst

Postby Jefe McForum » 09 Jan 2014, 19:39

Hi Mark,

as Selhurst says, you can live a better quality life here for less income. Good luck with the job hunt!
Jefe McForum
Site Admin

FRIDAY 27th Juny Live Music with WOODY

Postby cerveceriacharo » 25 Jun 2014, 18:49

This Friday 27th Juny enjoy live music with Woody's Show at 8.00 p.m in Cervecería Charo next to town hall in Rojales (C/malecón de la encantá).
Nices prices and good atmosphere.
Booking number: 682541453
Come and have a good time. :-)))
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cerveceriacharo

Postby freddo » 02 Dec 2014, 23:12

WRONG SECTION
freddo

Postby freddo » 03 Dec 2014, 11:08

Never saw the date Jim :oops:
freddo

Postby Donkey OT » 16 Aug 2015, 22:40

It was in the wrong section though. **angel** **angel** :lol: :lol: