Securitas direct house alarm

Genral chat on UK & Spain here.

Moderator: AdminII

Securitas direct house alarm

Postby Chrisdee » 21 Sep 2017, 19:09

I'm a bit pee'd off. We have a house alarm which is provided by Securitas Direct. It's now 18 years old, the remote has almost had it, doesn't always work, they cannot replace it as the system is too old. We pay 19.26 a month for this which includes coming out to fix any problems and changing batteries in all the sensors and the main box. We are not linked up to Madrid, the alarm just goes off if anybody comes in whilst it's on, no police are called out. Anyway, back in June I asked them if they could replace the system, yes they can but it will cost me 29 euros plus IVA as these days you have to be linked up to Madrid, I more or less told them to stuff it and they said I had to send in my NIE, passport and other bits and pieces to cancel it. Because we hadn't sorted anything else out we haven't cancelled. Anyway tonight it made a funny noise, I've reset it and it needs new batteries. So I called Securitas up and asked for an engineer to come out. Oh no, cannot do that you've cancelled, so I asked why they've still taken the payment out of the bank, I'm still under contract with them, oh no you're not!! Cheeky gits, I told them I will go to the bank and cancel any further payments. How can I not be under contract when I am still paying and have not sent the paperwork in to cancel the contract? Anyway, on thinking about it, I want a house alarm so have decided to bite the bullet and go with the new system (supplied free of charge) and pay double what we are paying now, erghhhhhhh
Chrisdee

Re: Securitas direct house alarm

Postby derekbroad » 21 Sep 2017, 19:50

I have to say that for just over 30€ a month, for a responded to alarm, that´s a bloody good deal.
derekbroad

Postby Chrisdee » 21 Sep 2017, 20:09

At least that's good to hear, it takes photos and you can check on your phone too, as well as it going through to the central control.
Chrisdee

Postby derekbroad » 21 Sep 2017, 20:40

Mine costs me over 50€ per month from Prosegur. I´m going to be contacting Securitas for a quote.
I get an annual maintenance and they hold keys to my house in case of break in while I´m away and they would secure the premises but your price seems real competitive.
derekbroad

Postby Chrisdee » 21 Sep 2017, 20:59

I'm already with them and they are installing the new system for free you will probably have to pay for system but worth asking. Give Vincent a call on 618 782 336 funnily enough they were around my way touting for business only last week. Or call 900 841040 freephone direct to Securitas or 902 121 122 which is main office but you pay for that no.
Chrisdee

Postby derekbroad » 21 Sep 2017, 21:13

Thanks.
derekbroad

Return to General Chat - UK & Costa!