Doing the Business !!!

Genral chat on UK & Spain here.

Moderator: AdminII

Doing the Business !!!

Postby Mr Angry » 13 Sep 2017, 18:22

I’m told that if you own a construction company or similar in the UK , if you’re not a member of the local lodge and golf club you will not be in business very long.

If you are a Freemason or a member of the golf club and you want to get a contract from the local council you simply have to submit your tender, regardless of whether you are the most expensive, and “It will go through on the nod, Old Boy, don’t worry about a thing.” :shock:

This is probably the reason why, if you go to any ‘fully inclusive’ holiday resort anywhere in the world, you always meet some council officials on a freebie with their families. :???:

We snigger at the corruption in Spain ‘cos it would never happen in Britain would it, much ??? :whatme:

Angry xxx. <[BB]>
Mr Angry

Re: Doing the Business !!!

Postby Selhurst » 13 Sep 2017, 20:28

Not in Britain today it wouldn't.
Local authority tendering and contracting is strictly governed by Contract Procedure Rules, Financial Regulations and Procurement Directives. It is transparent and based on genuine competition.
Contracts have to be put out to tender. Tenders are advertised on council websites, local newspapers, a trade publication and on a tenders portal. The council then has to publish details of who won the tender and what the price was. Losing bidders can challenge the decision if the council cannot show good reasons why the lowest quote does not provide the best value. Councillors can be held personally liable for any corruption or conflict of interest.
Mycostaforums, The Best Torrevieja Forum
Selhurst

Postby Mr Angry » 13 Sep 2017, 21:03

I stand corrected :thanks: Selly.

It's good to know that the 'funnyfellas' and the goffers have lost some of the influence they used to enjoy.

Angry xxx. <[BB]>
Mr Angry

Postby The Lone Ranger » 13 Sep 2017, 22:36

Mr Angry wrote:I’m told that if you own a construction company or similar in the UK , if you’re not a member of the local lodge and golf club you will not be in business very long.

If you are a Freemason or a member of the golf club and you want to get a contract from the local council you simply have to submit your tender, regardless of whether you are the most expensive, and “It will go through on the nod, Old Boy, don’t worry about a thing.” :shock:

This is probably the reason why, if you go to any ‘fully inclusive’ holiday resort anywhere in the world, you always meet some council officials on a freebie with their families. :???:

We snigger at the corruption in Spain ‘cos it would never happen in Britain would it, much ??? :whatme:

Angry xxx. <[BB]>

:lol: :lol: :lol:
TLR
The Lone Ranger

Postby derekbroad » 14 Sep 2017, 00:18

Selhurst wrote:Not in Britain today it wouldn't.
Local authority tendering and contracting is strictly governed by Contract Procedure Rules, Financial Regulations and Procurement Directives. It is transparent and based on genuine competition.
Contracts have to be put out to tender. Tenders are advertised on council websites, local newspapers, a trade publication and on a tenders portal. The council then has to publish details of who won the tender and what the price was. Losing bidders can challenge the decision if the council cannot show good reasons why the lowest quote does not provide the best value. Councillors can be held personally liable for any corruption or conflict of interest.

Where there's a will there's a way, believe me.
derekbroad

Postby crummy » 14 Sep 2017, 07:02

Mr Angry wrote:I’m told that if you own a construction company or similar in the UK , if you’re not a member of the local lodge and golf club you will not be in business very long.

Angry xxx. <[BB]>

There is so much ignorance about Freemasonry

some people use it to justify their failings,,

" I didn´t get the job, it was because a Mason applied"... (in other words I was not skilled enough)

"I didn´t get the contract because a Mason got it".. (in other words, my work is crap and over priced)

"I lost my case in court because the judge was a Mason.." (or maybe because I was guilty)

.. seems we are in an age where, when we fail, it HAS to be someone else´s fault..

. **angel**
crummy

Postby Selhurst » 14 Sep 2017, 08:34

derekbroad wrote:
Selhurst wrote:Not in Britain today it wouldn't.

Where there's a will there's a way, believe me.

Of course. There is with everything. But it would now be very difficult today. The days of a nod and a wink, a funny handshake or a brown envelope slid across the table are long gone.
Mycostaforums, The Best Torrevieja Forum
Selhurst

Postby crummy » 14 Sep 2017, 08:57

It seems some people make statements without checking the details on Google.

For instance it has been said that Freemasons only help each other..

I did a quick Google and found these... it is only a small sample, and I get bored easily so here are a few examples

Grand Charity awards £100,000 to Cancer Genetics team at University of East Anglia
Tuesday, 07 June 2016 Critical prostate analysis in East Anglia The Grand Charity has awarded a £100,000 grant to the Cancer Genetics team at the University of East Anglia to help fund research that will focus on distinguishing between…

£600k support for hospices across England and Wales from Grand Charity
Tuesday, 08 March 2016 Valued support  for palliative care The Freemasons’ Grand Charity continued to support hospices with a total donation of £600,000 in 2015. Across England and Wales, 245 adult and children’s hospices have received funding to provide essential…

Canine Partners receive £50k grant from Freemasons' Grand Charity Tuesday, 08 March 2016 Taking the lead with Canine Partners helps people with disabilities to enjoy greater levels of independence by providing assistance dogs. The charity has received a £50,000 grant from The Freemasons’ Grand Charity for its new…

[b]NSPCC in Warwickshire receives £47,500 grant[/b] from the Grand Charity
Tuesday, 08 March 2016 New approach to child protection The National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children in Warwickshire has obtained a £47,500 grant from the Grand Charity for a new approach to detecting and preventing abuse of young children. The grant…

York - After the Floods - what now?
Monday, 07 March 2016 After the floods - Freemasons of Yorkshire, North & East Ridings donate a further £25,000 to the Two Ridings Community Foundation Flood Appeal in York We can all remember the sight, over Christmas 2015/New Year…

Freemasons’ donation supports[b] Dance for Parkinson’s[/b] project across the country
Monday, 29 February 2016 The Freemasons’ Grand Charity has donated to English National Ballet to support their pioneering work with people living with Parkinson’s across the country. The £30,000 grant will enable English National Ballet to deliver the Dance…

..but of course, some don´t want to know, they prefer their own (small) negative view of the world..

.. :D
crummy

Postby The Lone Ranger » 14 Sep 2017, 09:36

crummy wrote:It seems some people make statements without checking the details on Google.

For instance it has been said that Freemasons only help each other..

I did a quick Google and found these... it is only a small sample, and I get bored easily so here are a few examples

Grand Charity awards £100,000 to Cancer Genetics team at University of East Anglia
Tuesday, 07 June 2016 Critical prostate analysis in East Anglia The Grand Charity has awarded a £100,000 grant to the Cancer Genetics team at the University of East Anglia to help fund research that will focus on distinguishing between…

£600k support for hospices across England and Wales from Grand Charity
Tuesday, 08 March 2016 Valued support  for palliative care The Freemasons’ Grand Charity continued to support hospices with a total donation of £600,000 in 2015. Across England and Wales, 245 adult and children’s hospices have received funding to provide essential…

Canine Partners receive £50k grant from Freemasons' Grand Charity Tuesday, 08 March 2016 Taking the lead with Canine Partners helps people with disabilities to enjoy greater levels of independence by providing assistance dogs. The charity has received a £50,000 grant from The Freemasons’ Grand Charity for its new…

[b]NSPCC in Warwickshire receives £47,500 grant[/b] from the Grand Charity
Tuesday, 08 March 2016 New approach to child protection The National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children in Warwickshire has obtained a £47,500 grant from the Grand Charity for a new approach to detecting and preventing abuse of young children. The grant…

York - After the Floods - what now?
Monday, 07 March 2016 After the floods - Freemasons of Yorkshire, North & East Ridings donate a further £25,000 to the Two Ridings Community Foundation Flood Appeal in York We can all remember the sight, over Christmas 2015/New Year…

Freemasons’ donation supports[b] Dance for Parkinson’s[/b] project across the country
Monday, 29 February 2016 The Freemasons’ Grand Charity has donated to English National Ballet to support their pioneering work with people living with Parkinson’s across the country. The £30,000 grant will enable English National Ballet to deliver the Dance…

..but of course, some don´t want to know, they prefer their own (small) negative view of the world..

.. :D

It's called, opening mouth before putting brain in gear :D
TLR
The Lone Ranger

Postby Mr Angry » 14 Sep 2017, 09:37

crummy wrote:
There is so much ignorance about Freemasonry

some people use it to justify their failings,,

" I didn´t get the job, it was because a Mason applied"... (in other words I was not skilled enough)

"I didn´t get the contract because a Mason got it".. (in other words, my work is crap and over priced)

"I lost my case in court because the judge was a Mason.." (or maybe because I was guilty)

.. seems we are in an age where, when we fail, it HAS to be someone else´s fault..

. **angel**

I agree with you crummy that it's always someone else's fault, but that's the society we live in, people don't
accept responsibility for their own lives, but are you saying that in the three examples you give that they are
never true ............. not ever ?

Angry xxx. <[BB]>
Mr Angry

Postby Harley Benton » 14 Sep 2017, 10:13

Good posts ( an very accurate ) by Selhurst and Crummy :thanks:

Yet again , Mr Angry has demonstrated that he knows absolutely nothing about anything. :roll: :roll: :roll:

I'm guessing ( and there's a "slim" chance i may be wrong ) :wink: .
That Mr Angry had hoped to join the Lodge , at some point ....And was "blackballed" immediately ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Duncan´s Gentlemens Barber, La Siesta (now retired) . Tel :699 014 306
Harley Benton

Postby The Lone Ranger » 14 Sep 2017, 10:15

Harley Benton wrote:Good posts ( an very accurate ) by Selhurst and Crummy :thanks:

Yet again , Mr Angry has demonstrated that he knows absolutely nothing about anything. :roll: :roll: :roll:

I'm guessing ( and there's a "slim" chance i may be wrong ) :wink: .
That Mr Angry had hoped to join the Lodge , at some point ....And was "blackballed" immediately ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You think someone kicked him in the nuts very hard then. :D
TLR
The Lone Ranger

Postby Harley Benton » 14 Sep 2017, 10:17

If not .....they certainly should have ! :D :camp: :D
Duncan´s Gentlemens Barber, La Siesta (now retired) . Tel :699 014 306
Harley Benton

Postby The Lone Ranger » 14 Sep 2017, 10:20

Harley Benton wrote:If not .....they certainly should have ! :D :camp: :D

:cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: