What would you do

Genral chat on UK & Spain here.

Moderator: AdminII

What would you do

Postby jjhback2U2 » 26 Aug 2017, 14:24

Hola good peeps :wtf: what would you do / steps would you take if you were confronted with someone on or breaking into your house car etc ?
jjhback2U2

Re: What would you do

Postby Jim Bowie » 26 Aug 2017, 15:01

Shoot them.........apparently. :D
Jim Bowie

Postby freddo » 26 Aug 2017, 15:40

Call the police and take photos
freddo

Postby Chrisdee » 26 Aug 2017, 16:06

Hope I never have to find out, but we have a large knife that we keep beside the bed and it has been taken downstairs once or twice when our alarm or a neighbours has gone off in the middle of the night and we've gone to investigate. If by anychance there was somebody doing something they shouldn't and they attacked us it would be used.
Chrisdee

Postby king of kings » 26 Aug 2017, 16:27

i would give them a piece of paper detailing the plant pot where my neighbours hide their spare door key,the combination and whereabouts of their safe and the pin numbers of their bank cards this has proved succesful in the past and saved me from being robbed and beaten to death.
king of kings

Postby paulwps » 26 Aug 2017, 17:24

Jim Bowie wrote:Shoot them.........apparently. :D

Drama queen, :camp:
Sent by samsung tablet, while sitting on the bog.
paulwps

Postby Rockerbilly » 26 Aug 2017, 17:39

freddo wrote:Call the police and take photos

Why would anyone want to take photo's of the police :D
Mycostaforums, The Best Torrevieja Forum
Rockerbilly
Mod

Postby derekbroad » 26 Aug 2017, 19:28

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
derekbroad

Postby crummy » 27 Aug 2017, 09:25

Hide under the bed..??
crummy

Postby Martin the artist in Rojales » 27 Aug 2017, 10:37

A friend found someone entering her apartment from her balcony.
Although only little she hurled herself at the man who fell over the balcony and she feared she'd killed him.
But he shook himself, stood up and limped away.
When the Guardia arrived she explained she though she might have killed him, and one took her to one side and told her in complete sincerity.
"Next time, you DO kill him, and then drag body onto street, where we will collect it!"
Martin the artist in Rojales - Capture the beauty
Martin the artist in Rojales

Postby Rockerbilly » 27 Aug 2017, 10:55

Get the missus to read him the riot act :D
Mycostaforums, The Best Torrevieja Forum
Rockerbilly
Mod

Postby Chrisdee » 27 Aug 2017, 12:22

Many years ago my mother saw a couple stealing from the house opposite,
they too climbed up on the veranda. By the time she got out the house after opening up everything they were walking down the road, this was early hours of the morning, she walloped one who dropped a suitcase and then they ran off. The police came and told my mother never to do that again, if she had of hurt them she could have got done and it would have cost a lot of money, probably lose the house over it plus the fact they could have hit her. I think instinct cuts in and you do go for them. A neighbour of mine hear a noise in the night, went and got his golf club, look around the house and found him in the bathroom, he had got in through the small window (so small they thought no need for a grid!) he went out the same way he came in, and that was on the first floor, he broke his leg and was found in the park at the back of the neighbours house, all they do is send them back to where they come from ready for them to come back again.

Martin the artist in Rojales wrote:A friend found someone entering her apartment from her balcony.
Although only little she hurled herself at the man who fell over the balcony and she feared she'd killed him.
But he shook himself, stood up and limped away.
When the Guardia arrived she explained she though she might have killed him, and one took her to one side and told her in complete sincerity.
"Next time, you DO kill him, and then drag body onto street, where we will collect it!"
Chrisdee

Postby Jim Bowie » 27 Aug 2017, 12:51

Martin the artist in Rojales wrote:When the Guardia arrived she explained she though she might have killed him, and one took her to one side and told her in complete sincerity.

An urban myth, and I wish I had a euro for every time I`ve heard it.

I´m not allowed to put something sharp on top of the community gates to deter intruders in case they are injured, so the Guardia would hardly advise me to actually kill one and dump his body in the street.

" Er....Señor Guardia...I`ve just killed an intruder" ....." That`s fine, just drag him into the street and we´ll pick him up when we`re passing.... We`re just on our tea break at the moment..and don`t worry, you won`t face any charges. "
Jim Bowie

Postby paulwps » 28 Aug 2017, 00:49

Urban myth ?
I personally was told by the Guardia to kill the burglar, and take the body to the lake and throw it in, there would only be a problem if they were a Spanish National. :lol:
Sent by samsung tablet, while sitting on the bog.
paulwps

Postby tonto » 28 Aug 2017, 01:33

I would do whatever I felt was justified as the moment they got in my space they gave up any rights they had and they are fair game for whatever comes along to them :shock:
tonto

Next

Return to General Chat - UK & Costa!